Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Summer Cooler

I'm a serious light weight when it comes to alcohol. A lot of drinks I'm not a fan of and sometimes it makes me really self conscious to become red (damn the Asian flush!). But I'm busy roasting chicken (mmm, sage and rosemary went into my usual marinate of paprika, cayenne, garlic, butter, lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano for dinner and for meals for the rest of the week and looking in my fridge.

I spotted the leftover over ginger syrup and apricot nectar in my fridge and thought it might be fun to mix those items with some St. Germain.

Yum! I call it my new homemade summer cooler. It's delish.

1 part apricot nectar
1/3 part St. Germain (you might want more but for me, i didn't see the need to turn anymore red than necessary)
2 splashes of the ginger syrup (equal amounts sugar/water boiled and a big chunk of fresh ginger chopped and thrown in, cool and store in the fridge)

into a shaker and into a glass, enjoy!

No comments: