Friday, February 15, 2008

Karate Chop!

I'm having a friend over for dinner tonight and I'm making an old recipe and a new old. I started last night prepping everything because I knew I would be working right up until it was time for dinner. The recipes aren't hard. They are both very easy and I'm post them later when I write about the meal.

However, the one hassle with both of the recipes is the amount of chopping involved. And "cubing". Bah! Making things into 1 1/2 inch or 1 inch squares is so hard when you're dealing with objects that tend to be irregularly shaped. So a good portion of my evening was spent pretending I was a prep chef. I cubed sweet potatoes and butternut squash. I finely diced onion and sliced some red peppers too. All of this to figure out I'm perhaps the world's slowest prep chef ever. Not to mention one with bad size perception....I kept second guessing what an 1&1/2 inch cube was and what an 1 inch was as well. As a result my cubes are kinda if the surreal nature and all over the place in terms of width and height.

The one good thing was that last night Lost was on and I got to chop and watch. Yay....and can I just say holy forshizzle!!!!



What is Sayid doing working for Ben????? Omg, crazy. Why Sayid why? Does your dislike of John Locke run that deep? Are you back to your torturer ways? What the shizzle? Was that woman you killed on the island as well? Perhaps she's the spy that Ben planted on the boat. Holy crap and who was that guy on the golf course you shot in the chest???

No comments: