Sunday, March 30, 2008

Daring Baker Post for the Daring Baker Blog

Added: (Please note: this isn't my original Daring Baker post)

I tried to post this to the Daring Baker website b/c I wanted to get a little feedback as to thoughts on why the dryness of the cake occur and how to remedy such an issue early on. But the google server is a hack!! Ugh, so I'm posting it here in hopes that at a later time, I can post on Daring Bakers and get some constructive feedback.


I completed my first challenge and was semi pleased with the results. Perhaps most importantly to me, I'm delighted and honored to have joined this group and I'm looking forward to the challenges to come!

Since I was hosting a "bacon makes everything better" party and this month's challenge had so much flexibility (I read the challenge rules a few times just to make sure I was playing nicely), I decided to modify it to fit with the theme...chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream frosting and crumbled bacon in the middle layer and on top.

It worked out, okay. The cake was a bit dry (was the thickness of the batter a sign? or were the cracks in the cake after baking a give away?) but I feel that that was more do to user based error than recipe error. The icing was fantastic and it was a lot of fun for me to try my hand at making buttercream. And the bacon? It actually worked great with the cake!

Thanks so much for having me here. I'm excited to be a part of such a kick-butt group of bakers.
--Leah
I Came to Eat!

No comments: